For a long time no place had gotten me the way this one did. I lost my heart. In Catalunya, a place I had not even really heard much about before coming here, more specifically at the Hotel Camiral and the PGA Resort Catalunya. This post will explain why. Before I start telling you about all the things I loved here, I wanted to share some facts about the hotel though!
The Hotel Camiral is located at the PGA Catalunya Resort, not far from the city of Girona. The new 5 star hotel was designed by architects from Barcelona and Dublin – and I promise it will blow you away, but let me tell you more about this later. The Camiral offers the opportunity of playing golf in one of the world’s best golf resorts as well as spending time in a great wellness area. Besides that it has a big lounge bar, a pool bar, a clubhouse and a restaurant named 1477.
WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THE CAMIRAL HOTEL:
- The decor and the whole design was MINDBLOWING. Their 145 rooms, suites, their lobby and seriously every corner of the hotel is furnished and designed so beautifully! It looks like my Pinterest moodboards all got stuck together. Well.. and this is real life.
- The staff: They were not just super friendly but also totally cheerful and good-humored, always being nice, always joking around.
- This incredibly peaceful village the hotel is located in: it seems like an entirely beautiful parallel universe, kind of like the shire in Tolkien’s books.
- The beds at the hotel. I slept like a baby. Disadvantage: I really didn’t want to leave the bed in the morning.
- The mansions around the hotel: If I had 4 million dollars and did not know what to spend them on, I’d clearly buy one of those UBER beautiful houses at the PGA Resort Catalunya. Unfortunately I’m not quite there yet.
- The breakfast! Holy… you have to see this. It was surely one of the best hotel breakfast I ever had. They serve everything from granola to chia pudding, cookies (very important for me), all kinds of fruit, vegetables, fresh juices and almost everything you can imagine.
In liebevoller Zusammenarbeit mit dem Hotel Camiral Catalunya (sponsored Post).